• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to get the glue off...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
I just took all of the red and black rubber (or whatever) siding off of my XJ. Now I have the white glue or w/e the hell it is in some spots and I was wondering what I could use to remove it.

Thanks.

EvanH said:
I just took all of the red and black rubber (or whatever) siding off of my XJ. Now I have the white glue or w/e the hell it is in some spots and I was wondering what I could use to remove it.

Thanks.

Laquer thinner or prep-sol will remove it. Use in well ventilated area.

I tried this on the wife's DD, and nothing worked. I ended up using an abrasive disk and taking it to bare metal. Luckily it was black so I just sprayed it with black primer and it blended it well.

The thing that worked the best was 3M adhesive remover spray....but it still didn't do the job!

Thanks a lot for the tips! I'll try these things tomorrow. I wasn't gonna take the shit off at first, but for some reason they all started falling off at once. I like the look of it better though.

Blaine B. said:
Sand and repaint if all else fails.

Yeah, I was already planning that. I ride a lot of tight quad trails and my XJ gets pretty scratched up. I am thinking about just going white.

Hopefully have the gunk off by now but it seems like evertime I can't find the right solvent Gasolene works. Nasty smelly harmfull stuff but it cuts a lot of crap.

87manche said:
zippo fluid is usually naptha.
and it works well.

3912.jpg

;)

Back