• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How NOT to lift your XJ...

dubbleJ's

NAXJA Forum User
Saw this at the junkyard the other day and just had to share it...I can't believe all 4 of the springs are still sitting in position. What a sketchy XJ!

hillybillylift.jpg

hillybillylift2.jpg

hahahahahahahah!! I would expect to sign a waver before i got into that thing(not saying i would) THATS JUST FLAT OUT SCARY LOOKIN!

When I bought my xj the previous owner did his own Budget boost with 3" exhaust collector flanges as the coil spacers tack welded in and bastard pack in the rear. Kind of cleaver but not so smart.

The scary thing is that compared to some of the lifts that have come up, that one is almost overengineered by comparison.

Was that XJ dredged out of a lake or something? Looking at all the stuff hanging off of the back axle, it seems like it should have the words 'Achille Lauro' somewhere on its sides.

The scary thing is that compared to some of the lifts that have come up, that one is almost overengineered by comparison.

Was that XJ dredged out of a lake or something? Looking at all the stuff hanging off of the back axle, it seems like it should have the words 'Achille Lauro' somewhere on its sides.
looks like a mud bomber to me. Somehow, the fact that a mud bomber would "build" a rig like this doesn't surprise me at all.

Semi angry rebuttal from mcantar18c about not all mud bombers building deathtrap hick backyard junk in 3... 2... 1... :D :cheers:

looks like a mud bomber to me. Somehow, the fact that a mud bomber would "build" a rig like this doesn't surprise me at all.

Semi angry rebuttal from mcantar18c about not all mud bombers building deathtrap hick backyard junk in 3... 2... 1... :D :cheers:

Wooow now, we prefer adjectives such as " Hand made" and "Life-preserving-indifferent".

I was wondering where I put my jeep that one time.

I have mine lifted like that, that's not the right way to lift it? :gee: Someone was off their meds when they thought that up LOL. As far as those Ubolts, you can get custom length ubolts made at most spring shops around me, prob the same wherever that thing was as well. Still can't get over how awesome the lift blocks are! :dunce:

just weld some threaded rod to the ends of the stock u-bolts

Back