• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much does your built XJ weigh?

just weighed mine on saturday. 4600~ pounds completely empty. Thats without tools, 2 full grown men in the front seats, parts( I carry a ton) , camping gear, ice chest, water, spare tire, etc. nothing in it.

on 37s, 14b rear, hp44 front, caged, and frame plating.

Slightly OT, but my MJ weighs 3180!

just weighed mine on saturday. 4600~ pounds completely empty. Thats without tools, 2 full grown men in the front seats, parts( I carry a ton) , camping gear, ice chest, water, spare tire, etc. nothing in it.

on 37s, 14b rear, hp44 front, caged, and frame plating.

this was not super clear. this was empty. No people, no tool, no parts, no gear...
My MJ weighed in at 4100

this was not super clear. this was empty. No people, no tool, no parts, no gear...
My MJ weighed in at 4100

SO, you are probably at about 3 tons with all the crap you carry?

According to my vehicle title, my XJ weighs 3217 pounds. But that was before I eliminated the roof rack and the full-sized spare tire. It also has a hitch which looks like it was on there for many years. It's a 1996 2 door Jeep Cherokee Sport, Automatic, 2wd, 4.0.

OMG. Awkward :).
I just posted this same question on another forum because I was trying to guess how much I weighed before ordering leafs (for my 63" chevy swap I just finished today). Good thing I found a scale before ordering cause I'm a fatty.

****5136 lbs!!!!**** IT'S OVER 5000!!!!!
That's with about 300lbs of tools, myself (170lbs) and my gf (100lbs).
So total unloaded weight is about 4566 lbs. Still a fatty.

No idea how that happened.
98 XJ, box sliders, d30/44 (locked), long arm, unibody stiffeners and plating front to rear, front winch bumper and 12k winch, rear swing out carrier bumper and full size 35" spare, full size roof basket (total was only 78lbs), 5.3L/4l65e... and that's about it. I guess I went overboard with some of the plate?

****5136 lbs!!!!**** IT'S OVER 5000!!!!!
That's with about 300lbs of tools, myself (170lbs) and my gf (100lbs).
So total unloaded weight is about 4566 lbs. Still a fatty.

Hold it. You are in Canada - you're sure that isn't 5136 kilograms, right!!!

I'm interested to weigh mine now...guessing between 3800 pounds +/- 100 empty now that I took out the tool box (but I added a tire carrier, hmmm)

I just don't even understand how you can have a "built rig" under 4800lbs. Mine is still pretty lightly built. The Tonnes will add at least 400-500lbs when they inevitably get installed.

Even without tonnes, I badly needed frame plating and beefing up of the stock axles. I could definitely loose a few hundy by leaving the spare tire at home, but my tools are all necessary trail tools.

hopefully ill be weighing mine soon....i will be shocked if its under 5500lbs

Back