• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much bottom end noise is normal?

I didn't hear anything besides normal 4.0 noises to my ears. Sorry. Maybe somebody else can take listen and tell you different. There are piston problems I wouldn't be able to identify
Are you having any Engine performance problems?
Oil pressure good?

The 4.0 is like a tractor motor, I may have become desensitized to its quirky Diesel like sounds.

You might change oil to a different viscosity to see if it helps. Maybe run a mystery oil or detergent to help free up any sticking lifters and improve oil flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems to go away as you rev it? check your flex plate bolts. i have a cracked flex plate right now and it sounds just like that.

seems to go away as you rev it? check your flex plate bolts. i have a cracked flex plate right now and it sounds just like that.

I had a cracked flexplate before. Replaced it and used blue locktite. Then the torque converter bolts worked loose, so i tightened them with red locktite. I think it may have cracked again then.:mad:

Was there a rattling sound? I didn't hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, its kind of faint, so i wasnt sure what it was.

Im just happy if it isnt the engine. I drove on my last cracked flexplate for about 2 years with no problems except noise, so im not too worried about cracked flexplates.

Back