• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many wheel with 31s and pics plz

OK, here's another poser shot w/ 3.5" and 31s.
user84id21pic2.jpg

I'm now at 5.5" and still running 31s till they wear out!

swak6287 said:
just wanna see some xj with 31s and their capabilities. i am debating between 31s and 33s.

I can send you some pics of mine in some eye catching poses.

Where do I send them?

I have done much work on articulation. Good articulation and driving skills I can match an overbuilt XJ with 33s no prob.

Right now if you have't realy wheel a xj or any other thing go with 31s and armor your rig I ran pretty tough trails with mine expecialy once I welded the rear. Yu'll get used to the scraping and banging but as long as your armored you'll be fine I still have no skids on mine and I'm on my second gastank the first on was totaly destory to the point that it wouldn't take gas. you can geta set of 31s cheep since amy upgrade but start out there and learn then have funn cutting if you want. I ran 3in springs with ORGs ACOS set for 1.25 in thye front and just the 3in springs in the back with tj flairs and 33 MTRs but you need to regear for 33s you can doit with stock but it sucks.

Beezil said:
aw shaddup Jeep-n'-Joke......

YOU don't belong in mod tech....

go back to the texas chapter where you belong........

oh....

I mean, non-tech where you belong.

STFU or I'll close my zipper on ya again!

Here's a wheeling in my garage shot:
f9e6ebee.jpg

and here's one just before I drop down in a hole. Crappy shot, I know. I've got better if I can find them:
f9e6ebf7.jpg

This is on 3" lift and 31" muds

Not an action shot, but this is a 4" lift with 31's. I'm selling the lift if anyone has interest. I'm in Pittsburgh.
Curt

jeep4ang.jpg

swak6287 said:
just wanna see some xj with 31s and their capabilities. i am debating between 31s and 33s.
Here is a link to my site http://community.webshots.com/user/jeepin_rebel i only have the one pic with it on 31' but most of the others are on 32's. all the pics are with 3.5 lift. The black xj is also on 31's with 3 inches. All are fairly capable.

Spc Stauffer Camp JC Iraq :us:

i currently am running 31 s on stock wheels with about 4" of lift.i have taken it lots of tough places and it works pretty well. as everyone says, learn your rig and you can take it lots of crazy places. first thing i bought was amor, it lets you make a few mistakes while learning. that being said i am in the process of going to about 5.5" lift and running 33's. i think i can use the clearance under the diffs. if i could run the 33's with with my 4" without mondo trimming i probably would just to keep the cg a bit lower. i never could get pictures in my posts so none attached ,but lots of good stuff wheeled.

I have had 31's for about two years now and I wheel the crap out of my rig.

I am one of the few here that actually thinks that bigger is not better. I constanly go out with guys running 37's - 44's and I keep up through everything but the deepest mud or water. The key to running 31's successfully is reducing weight.

here's a couple pics
some snow, I am the second from the rear. I had the smallest rig... the next smallest were the Bronco's on 35's. Never got winched, or strapped.
fc6488a5.jpg

poser shot
f9e351a5.jpg

The yota won't follow me any further becasue IFS won't flex and i almost rolled it getting to this point.
f9e3586d.jpg

swak6287 said:
little rick and hilly country. nothing like tellico, plz. ocassional 45 degree incline and offchambers.

Were you saying you were in Little Rock or you tend to encounter a few rocks??? I'm running 31"s with a 3.5" lift and I love it. I've kept up with all the big-uns I've been out with. I love seeing the look on their faces when I do the same stuff they do. Priceless!!!!!!!
PICS HERE

Just have to say, I think its cr$p that some people think 35s and above are the only way to wheel.. I have wheeled my CJ with 35s and fully locked and I can go most places that others would pucker over, but now I have an XJ with 31s and I am totally happy. I can still go the same places, put more stress on the axles, and drive home without knowing that I have to fix another prolem. If you need to increase your extension (read pee-pee extension) then get a mag and take care of business. Other than that, to each his own and sometimes a smaller tire, no need to tow, and a family trip where kidneys don't bleed out over every bump might be in your future too.

Sorry, after reading a few of these posts I just had to say, don't scoff at smaller tires, that rig just might be pulling you out of a bad situation beause you stressed out your D30 and busted your axles or U-joints.

Im going to be sitting at 5" and I have a set of 31" BFG A/T's ready to put on and I plan on wheeling the hell out of it. I think if the front and rear are locked and you have good tow points, you should be able to put it through plenty to have a good time.

Here is an idea:

Pull up your skirt, un-wad your panties, and wash the sand out. The post is from the first of the year!

Fergie

You must have been really bored to resurect that thread :D I looked at couple of the people's specs as they've described them and went huh ?
Anyways..... you can wheel your jeep at any height! Even negative lift, just ask Sequoia (trying to motivate him so that he takes care of his leaf pack problem finally!)

dandecicco said:
Just have to say, I think its cr$p that some people think 35s and above are the only way to wheel.. I have wheeled my CJ with 35s and fully locked and I can go most places that others would pucker over, but now I have an XJ with 31s and I am totally happy. I can still go the same places, put more stress on the axles, and drive home without knowing that I have to fix another prolem. If you need to increase your extension (read pee-pee extension) then get a mag and take care of business. Other than that, to each his own and sometimes a smaller tire, no need to tow, and a family trip where kidneys don't bleed out over every bump might be in your future too.

Sorry, after reading a few of these posts I just had to say, don't scoff at smaller tires, that rig just might be pulling you out of a bad situation beause you stressed out your D30 and busted your axles or U-joints.

Back