• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How it happened.

I stopped reading when I read
And all this happened at the end of eight straight years that America devoted to frantically chasing the shadow of a terrorist threat to no avail,
A true sign of ignorance is making stupid statements like that.
even if America was chasing the shadow of a terrorist.. it would have been 7 years last September. But saying 8 is like repeating spoon fed material that Obama has sent him.
Just say "8 years of ..." and it will get your point across, and add insult to the president that dealt with the largest terrorist attack on American soil. We can't allow him to retire in peace we need to keep burning him like hell, because if we don't Americans might see the good he did and realize how poorly equipped Obama is to run this country.

Totally idiotic rhetoric spoon fed by ignoramus's in the liberal media establishment. There was a lot more to it. That article didn't even touch the MBS side the CRA and the mark to market rules and the credit default swaps that caused so many problems. If you want to understand what happened you need to do a lot more research than rolling stoner magazine. The above mentioned things were just a part of the problem the other part was the government trying to social engineer things and we know how that turns out. Start with the CRA and see where that leads.

Yeah, I read that the other day. Rolling Stone can put out some good stuff.

Yep, if you're actually stoned while reading it....:paperwork

This is the best discussion/explanation I've gotten as to how the AIG thing started and why it was so far reaching.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover

It's lengthy(8-pages), but a good read. It's pretty maddening, on a number of fronts.
Sorry I don't have more to say about it, but I need to read it again.

You need to dig deeper. If you think 8 pages is lengthy, then you'll prolly give up before you actually uncover the truth. AIG is a straw man......look for the bigger issues and follow the money and who in Washington benefited/benefits the most. Then the truth will be know, and the truth will set you free........

You need to dig deeper. If you think 8 pages is lengthy, then you'll prolly give up before you actually uncover the truth. AIG is a straw man......look for the bigger issues and follow the money and who in Washington benefited/benefits the most. Then the truth will be know, and the truth will set you free........
How many ex-Goldman Sachs guys have been running the Fed and Treasury and AIG and ...
Goldman Sachs seems to be the common thread.

Back