• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How empty are your pockets?

to empty between original cost, upgrades and mandatory trail gear bout 20K
IMG_0427.jpg

Ooooo man thats a tough one. Judging by the foot tall stack of reciepts (the ones that made it to the pile) in the garage.... Including original purchase of the jeep, $8K-$10K +/- Time, blood, sweat and frustrations building it far exceed that though.

Old colors
CC_NAXJA_May_023-16001.jpg

NOW!
P8050018.jpg

As someone else said My wife reads this, no way in hell am I putting up what I've spent. $5500 (she knows about that) for the intial purchase plus some upgrades and repairs. I'll take the rest to my grave. LOL

I paid $13K for my old 2000 XJ and dumped another $10K into it. Sold it a few years back for $5800.

Warn hubs
alloy shafts
DEO high steer
gears and locker
HP30 housing

$5K just in the front axle alone!

Russ, how is my baby holding up?

Heck, Johnny Walker made SCF

Yeah but he lives on the abuse.
I also made sure to have funds to do so.

Going to Hollister Hills this weekend for the toy run..

MrAnderson, you should come too. Zac is going and maybe NorCalChris.. if he stops being lazy!

I also made sure to have funds to do so.

Going to Hollister Hills this weekend for the toy run..

MrAnderson, you should come too. Zac is going and maybe NorCalChris.. if he stops being lazy!

This weekend? It says its on dec 8th?? And even at that hollister is 3 hrs away :( this werkend I'm finally popping my Pismo dunes cherry :) got my flag kit and ujoints finally taken care of, it's been a desire of mine since I picked the ol girl up bout 4 months ago and the time is NOOOW!

Last edited:
i got about $3000 in mine most likely more but hey totally worth im 18 a with some help here and there from my Cj loving dad lol its coming along nicely oh and i pay for all my mods its not parent bought lo lparty1:

Started off with this
4ba59b5c.jpg

I'm here now 4" on 31's and in a few months I'm going to long arms and 34's
D6FFCFA7-FC99-4DA6-99E3-86FF055928B4-20193-0000111189E9243F.jpg

I paid $1800 for my 89 cherokee Laredo
$300 for rear lock rite
$250 for Dana 44
$300? In material for bumper roof rack and sliders
$1250 rims and tires
$130 for lca's
$60 for front/rear bar pin eliminators,
$30 for front shock top conversion piece
$425 for 5150 shocks
$200 for double sheer track bar
$35 for s-10 leafs
$99? For JKS shackles
$100 for extended brake lines
$30 2" coil spacers

Math in my head says roughly a little over $5000 so far :) and that doesn't count tune ups or part replacements and spare parts I've stock piled :gee:

That's basically it, I'm not counting tuneups or broken stuff cuz that would take forever!
But come January when my oilfield job picks back up I'm goin iron rock offroad long arms new 4" coils, currie steering, better diff covers, Dana 44 truss, shackle relocation brackets rock rings for my steelies and 34x1050 super swamper LTB's
Be another$2000 before tires and rings...

Mr Anderson mines very basic I think and $5000 was really easy to drop into this jeep... On a side note I PAID $7000 for my first jeep and that was bone stock too for a 2000 :) so being $7000 into it mostly finished(it will never be finished) will feel pretty good lol

Back