• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do you get proper tension on the serp belt?

140~160 for a used belt; 180~200 on a new belt.

I can never get it right with the gauge... been having premature belt failure for the past couple years, pretty much since I started using the gauge. I think I'm over tightening it.

Yea I ended up setting mine about 100 lbs Anything beyond that seemed stupid tight. Before I tightened it it was probably at about 75lbs and only sliped when it was humid out, engine cold, A/C on and turning the steering wheel and only once and a while at that..

Yea I ended up setting mine about 100 lbs Anything beyond that seemed stupid tight. Before I tightened it it was probably at about 75lbs and only sliped when it was humid out, engine cold, A/C on and turning the steering wheel and only once and a while at that..

If I try to run my a/c at anything less than 150, it squeals like crazy.

When I first used the Krikit, it seemed "stupid tight," but it wasn't. It was right, the belt lasted fine, the power steering pump catch went away, and bluebirds sang in the trees....ok, maybe not that last, but the gauge worked.

Back