• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I press fit the bushings on leafs?

Good Day… I have new Quadratec Heavy Duty Leafs. Yesterday the Leaf Spring Bushings came and I test fit. Of course they do not slide in and require a little persuasion. Has anyone replaced them before? If so how did you do it?

I will be replacing the leafs Saturday and using new IRO shackles too. My leafs are original 1995 leafs and worn. I plan to keep them for a future bastard pack setup ;)

Also, is anyone running IRO shackles and if so how are they? Did you like them? I am basically doing a budget boost on all new stock hardware. New HD Shocks front and rear, Coil Spacer Front, New HD Leafs rear, should be nice.

I did it with a 6" bench vise and creative use of a few scrap wood blocks.

for the bushings, you could try putting them in your freezer overnight to shrink them a bit and hit them in with hammer.

or press them in. if you dont have a press, use a large c-clamp, wood/metal vise.....

I've always had good luck using my ball joint press and adapters. If there is a Harbor Freight tools near you, they sell a decent press for $39

Back