• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do I get more power?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I lifted my jeep about two months ago with a 5.5 longarm lift from RE. I regeared it to 4:10's , the reason for 4:10s is because it will run stock again and save me gas since gas in socal isnt goin down. :mad:
But I want to know if theres any kind of performance chip or programer for Jeep 4.0's.
Or anything else that will give me more power. Im also planning on towing around a boat every now and then. Tranny cooler? better radiator?

4.10's with what size tires???

and there really isn't much you can do other than normal tune-up/maintenance. you were driving a brick and now you made that brick taller/bigger. that's what we have to live with. sorry.

if you dont have the factory trans cooler and your towing your trans is living on borrowed time. the aw4 does not like heat. get a b&m cooler and that will help save the trans. as far as more power your kinda limited. its a brick but you can check out the street forum and see what those guys are doing. there is also a street section over at www.jeepforum.com. hope this helps.

I've read too many OffRoad mags:doh: . Unless you are staying at 31's with that 5.5" lift, you are just marginally better than still having 3.55's in there. Trust me on this one. If you have 33's, you would have been better off with 4.56's. I had 4.56's with 33's for about 55K-60K miles and got an average of 18mpg, sometimes 20-22 on the highway. Those 4.10's are going to put your engine out of its power range at highway speeds and make it work harder, it will be jumping gears at any incline. I have 4.56's with 35's now and I am wishing for 4.88 even 5.13's with all the armor, bumpers and gears. The best gas mileage I ever got was when I was cruisin' to florida with 5.5", 33 trxus MT's, and 4.56's. I got 22mpg at 75-80 with the tach at 2850-3000 rpm's I know it sounds high, but that 4.0L can run those rpms all day long and trust me it won't down shift as much and your mileage will go up.

Other than that try the edge box or the new superchips and report back and let us know.

Back