• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How did you mount your roof rack

ah ok:) hope things are doing well for ya have a happy new year:)

Sorry to bring a dead thread back, but im searching for a way to mount a second hand wilderness rack and want to avoid the gutter mounts. i have a set of gutter type clamp mounts that clamp onto the factory side bars that fit on my friends 98 but my 99 the side bars are shorter and im stuck trying to figure a good mount out. Anyone have pics of a rack mounted with nutserts? Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

mjd99xj said:
Sorry to bring a dead thread back, but im searching for a way to mount a second hand wilderness rack and want to avoid the gutter mounts. i have a set of gutter type clamp mounts that clamp onto the factory side bars that fit on my friends 98 but my 99 the side bars are shorter and im stuck trying to figure a good mount out. Anyone have pics of a rack mounted with nutserts? Any help would be appreciated.
Mike
I've used these Kargo Master factory rail mounts.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12138_904.htm
Nice clean simple design that mount to your factory rails.
Plenty strong for most applications and should work for pretty much all racks with a little work.

Those are the clamps i have, the problem is from 98 to 99 they shortened the factory luggage rack to where it ends near the back of the front doors, and the mounting points on the rack itself are like 53 inches apart. Its obviously not major fabrication to make it work, just thought someone might have run into it and have ideas how to use just the nutserts in the roof somehow. And im still working on the patent for the aluminum magnet! Give me a couple more months on that one!

Back