• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How cool is your older XJ's a/c?

AC low:
005-1.jpg

AC high:
002-11.jpg

:looney:

it's amazing human beings ever lasted until the invention of necessities like AC:gag:

AC low:
005-1.jpg

AC high:
002-11.jpg

:looney:

it's amazing human beings ever lasted until the invention of necessities like AC:gag:

Awesome door mods. :)

However, as I have ALREADY MENTIONED, this is for my wife. I am leaving to Basic Combat Training for the Army in August, and my wife is pregnant. She is already a high-risk pregnancy with her medical condition. So, really, you can take your cool Jeep and shove it. :p

my 00 is ice cold, but that doesn't help you.

my 89 was converted to 134a long before I owned it, it was mediocre at best, I've run freeze12 in other vehicles and it worked OK, was it better than 134a? i think so, but nothing works like r12 in a system designed to run R12.

can u run that freeze 12 stuff in place of r12 without changing fittings and evacuating the system? id love to get my ac working theres another 2+ months of 90-100+ weather here

can u run that freeze 12 stuff in place of r12 without changing fittings and evacuating the system? id love to get my ac working theres another 2+ months of 90-100+ weather here
not sure what you're asking, freeze12 is compatible with r12 fittings and oil, should you add it to R12? no. Can you charge an empty system without evacuating? no. Well not if you want it to work right :)

The a/c has never been touched on mine based on the looks of it and I get 45F at roughly 80 ambient, so it's not that great but it keeps me cool.

Mkay so I tested it today. The outside temp is only 76, so I don't know if that effects the a/c, though I'm sure it operates better at lower temps.

I grabbed a thermometer usually used for roasts and other meats, put it in the vent about a half inch. It read 46 degrees F.

Tested again at 3pm, 80 degrees outside. It read 61 degrees F this time.

Both tests are with windows down, A/C on max, vents full blowing.

So what do you think guys? For a 21 year old vehicle, you think a recharge would help?

Back