• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HOUSEHOLD ANTI SEIZE SUBSTITUTE?

Maalox, really, I'm not kidding. Try it!
Use Milk of Magnesia as an anti seize. Just be careful not to over torque them.
Yes, this works.

I've used teflon tape before in a pinch but that's way past being the wrong thing to use on a spark plug.
You are correct, 100% should not be used on a spark plug.

I've stopped using antiseize on my own vehicles. I use NGKs, they don't recommend it as mentioned earlier, as well as the fact that antiseize can change the heat range of the plug. Champion does have an antiseize for plugs that does not change the heat range.

could have bought ten 1lb jars of antiseize by now!

I use kopr-kote it's good to over 1000 degrees.

Someone said it allows to over torque parts in place... Over torque or proper torque? anti seize allows it to spin more freely and give a more accurate torque vs a binding nut/bolt from rust/dirt/debris...

I work in the oilfields on steam lines where temps reach above a 1000 degrees. Anti seize means the difference of coming apart or being cut apart, and when we torque our bolts to 380 ft lbs and 710 ft lbs we torque the bolts with anti sieze applied for a more accurate reading.

Last edited:
Using any lube affects torque value, the formula can be found in a pocket referance book.

I tend to cross rivers etc so I copper coat all of my bolts and use the same torque specs as suggested. I havent had an issue yet. I couldn't believe how much easier my lug nuts we're to remove after I coated them.

I tend to cross rivers etc so I copper coat all of my bolts and use the same torque specs as suggested. I havent had an issue yet. I couldn't believe how much easier my lug nuts we're to remove after I coated them.

that might not be a good thing...don't want them flying off on the freeway

Back