• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood vents and Winter

mcraindog

NAXJA Forum User
DSCN3148.jpg

Is it going to be necessary to cover these up for the winter in aspen?

no. i had the lebarons on my XJ and didnt have an issue all winter. even when i had a foot or 2 of snow on my hood melting into my engine bay.

just as much water gets in your engine bay when driving in rain, or through a puddle.

mine were centered a bit more to the middle of the hood, but i wouldnt think it would make that big of a difference. your distributor should be fine. may want to wrap the top of it with saran wrap, or even install a drip pan if you forsee any issues, but i dont. throttle body should be fine.

i wouldnt worry dude. i have never heard a story of someone have issues with the vents and water getting in.

Fling's hood is just plain secksi. :thumbup:

I'm beginning to believe there just might be some issue with the throttle body sensors getting repeatedly wet. My '97 has Lebaron vents and the previous owner said over the many years he's had those vents on, he's had to replace the TPS 8 times for what he believed was water destroying it. He put a brand new one on before I drove it home.

After the last snow storm, the XJ had 32" of snow on it and most of it melted off - much of it through the vents.

...... Now the damn thing won't idle. It'll start, but won't sit and idle without me feathering the gas pedal...... :dunno:

My previous rig had your same vents (280Z's) but they were positioned on the front corners - above the air cleaner and battery. Never had an issue with the cone filter on the CAI being wet like I thought I might.

I'm getting rid of the Lebaron vents in favor of one of them cool Reflexion Steel Cowl hoods in the near future.

Back