• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood pins

All parts of this kit are stainless steel except for the nuts.

I would go with a Stainless Steel Set. I do not know the Length of these, however, they are reasonably Priced.

Summit SUM-G3870SS - Summit® Hood Pin Sets $10.95

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3870SS/?image=large

sum-g3870ss_w.jpg

These are interesting, expensive and I would never use them. $85 to $95 on http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm
aerocatch_all.jpg

aerocatches.... theyd be nice on custom fiberglass or carbon work... but i think they'd be unnessasarily difficult to install for aero gains un-needed.

a couple years ago, the only company shipping those to the usa was Top Secret, a japanese tuning house... at double the cost of what was posted.

like i said... autofab.... theyre like $20 a set, will never rust, and they have an integrated rubber bushing. and best of all... they cant be found at pepboys.

its not important if you dont care how your jeep looks.... rusty hood pins make you look like joe dirt...

wow... you cant wheel your jeep how its meant to be wheeled and "care" how it looks....

and if you are worried about your hood pins sticking out like a sore thumb... keep your jeep at the mall and dont put the damn things on!
happyfinger.gif

i use hood pins for this reason
DSC00776.jpg

didnt have hood pins and couldnt open the hood to put the engine fire out.

all i have to say is function before form....

any REAL wheeler that is passionate about the sport of offroading will tell you that its better to have a rig thats got some cosmetic flaws and will go like crazy...and to ACTUALLY wheel it....and i mean wheeling...not mud riding--than to have a pretty jeep that you wash and wax and kiss and rub all the time, and are too afraid to go up a level 2 trail because you'll scratch the chrome exhaust tip that you got at autozone....

i reused the springs off the old clips to pop the hood up when the pins are released. i also left the middle latch in.. for a just in case.
DSC03148.jpg

btw... search for this... i have posted these pics before in previous threads.

do the springs move at all? i was thinking some sort of clip or maybe some JB weld might help if they do

do the springs move at all? i was thinking some sort of clip or maybe some JB weld might help if they do
yes thats what causes the hood to pop up so that way i dont have to pry the hood up when i pull the pins off

yes thats what causes the hood to pop up so that way i dont have to pry the hood up when i pull the pins off

what i meant was do they move or fall off of the pins, cause they don't look secured down in any way

what i meant was do they move or fall off of the pins, cause they don't look secured down in any way
with the hood up they are just sitting there

with the hood up they are just sitting there

Thanks

I think that he meant when you pop the hood. Do they come off? He may not want to crawl around in the dirt to try and find them if they do

that is what i meant

i guess that would be a concern if you drove around with the hood up...but luckily we dont do that....

no need to secure them...the hood holds them down...

wheres the fun in driving with your hood down all the time :D

i have had them on there for 2 years and never had a problem of loosing them. to pull the pins you have to press on the hood and pull the pin then the hood pops up.

theres a differance between function over fashion, and running el cheapo autozone hood pins....

fashion isnt everything, but i wouldnt run those, they look like ass.

wanna talk function? cause the autofabs got your autozone crap beat in that department as well.
i run hoodpins for the same reason, but i went shopping further then autozone for mine...

it just looks like ass... ::shrug;;

Back