• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Honda Help

Lurch

NAXJA Forum User
My wife's 2008 Civic threw a CEL while to green 'drive' indicator light is flashing simultaneously. She recently had the trans fluid changed I believe, she says it seems to be driving fine and shifting normal.

She's freaked out about getting stranded at work or the side of the road and I'm not around. I told her when she has a chance to go back to the place she got the work done and have them pull the code and check the fluid level.

Anyone have similar problems to this with their Honda's or have any advice?

Buy her a AAA membership so she won't freak out about a mechanical breakdown when you're not around? I know: not the kind of advice you're looking for.

She took it back to the place that changed the fluid and of course the CEL had gone off. Checked the fluid level, was normal. I agree it's probably non-Honda ATF that was used. I told her to keep driving it:dunno:

Back