• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew Tasting, or competition?

hasta I bring high point home all the time :wave: Besides, Bootlegging is an old & time honored tradition in this country :sunshine: I say as long as you're not DUI or your junk isn't totally illegal you wont get a second glance.

As to using a 5 gallon soda cilinder- BRILLIENT!!! :cheers: I doubt any of the local Do-gooder types even know you can get beer into one of those things.

Bring it on!!

dont do kegs, too obvious in a camp site. do the bottle route, draws less attention. i doubt someone is going to be going arround looking for "strong beer" stickers on all the cases. if your still worried, peel some of them off of off cases of beer that i know all you utah'ns have laying arround and bring them with you to slap on the home brewed stuff.

John, what style(s) are you doing? What style is the Scott Free? I'm assuming you'll be bringing some. :D

Anyone else? Other chapters?

I'm running out of fermentation time for some styles...

Maybe we could preview the names and statistics of everyones creations.

--ron

Well, the Scott-Free is probably somewhere between American pale ale and IPA for hops profile. My last batch that we had at Brewfest II was a little on the sweet side, probably due to over-steeping the grains, so I'll need to adjust that a bit. I did an all-grain nicely hopped blonde ale with Beezil's help and equipment, that is ready to be kegged, but if it's as good as we hope, the 10 gallons will probably be gone before October, especially if he comes over! I also have an oatmeal stout ingredient kit from Northern Brewer that I need to brew soon, and would be good by October.

So basically, I don't know what I'll be bringing, yet, but I know it won't taste anything like Bud Light :D

:cheers:

DrMoab said:
You are right, its a totally stupid law that really hurt bars who sold kegs back in the 80's when they outlawd them. No, you won't get searched in your car or jeep(most likely) but remember you are comming to Utah. That means Mormons, and there are lots of mormons camping too. Wouldn't take much for one of them to call the cops if they see a keg. OH and the bored Moab Local cops would LOVE to have something fun like that to break up. Most likely you wouldn't get a ticket but you would loose your keg and more importantly...YOUR BEER! ! !
Mormans?
You're worried about Mormans?
It's the naxja whistle-blowers I'd be concerned about.

Back