• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holes in the Floor Pan

haven't had a chance to call during the day yet, but i was going to check into scrap. one thing that works to my advantage is i just bought the jeep, they guy said it had no rust, and now that i've found rust he's paying for the materials to patch it. from the searching i've done, i thought the floors were already 20g. not that i object to thicker/easier to weld.

The worst part of the whole project was I found ........MORE RUST!!!!!!!! I spent the day cutting the rockers off and making some heavy duty rock rails. So be prepared, you may be surprised!

Iv'e already replaced my rockers with ones frome JC Whitney $25 ea....However I found a place to get factory ones(much better fit,heavier guage) for $46.25 ea + $8 ea S&H,front and rear lower door skins $29.75 ea + $5.35 ea S&H. also rear quarter panels w/dog leg and lower rear panel $92.50ea + 16.35 ea S&H, so seeing as I'm replacing the floor pans I might as well go "whole hog" , body will be as good as new...sort of.

Back