• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek AAT project 2/19-20

Re: Holcomb Creek AAT project

There is always this one, still for sale, although it is black now and only sits on 31's

$600

Couple more things...

Trailer can be delivered anywhere within socal for little or nothing. Pintle hitch is included with trailer, so all you need is a plain old 2 inch receiver and a four wire flat plug. Heres a pic from Big Bear with the trailer on 35's (not included). Also included will be two truck side mount tool boxes I intended to replace the top half of the side gates with these and hang them over the tires to make a "wheelwell". If you don't want them thats fine too.
24z98a8.jpg

I just going to order the axle stuff and build one this weekend. using the 35 to mock it up though... lol
Get a drop axle and flip it, did that on mine...portals for the win. mega ground clearance.

Okay, I am a maybe. Have some plans that weekend but I expect them to fall through.

I'm gonna do my best to be there. But I don't wanna damage my bed...any more than it already is. :) Guess I can put down a sheet of plywood. What's a PPE?

PPE=Personal Protective Equipment

Because we will be working in a fire closure area hard hats are mandatory.

PPE=Personal Protective Equipment

Because we will be working in a fire closure area hard hats are mandatory.

Oh okay, to protect our heads from falling trees. :eeks1: J/K...understood. I have an Emergency Response Team hardhat that I can wear. It's pretty cheap plastic. It doesn't have to be Snell-certified or anything, does it?

Oh okay, to protect our heads from falling trees. :eeks1: J/K...understood. I have an Emergency Response Team hardhat that I can wear. It's pretty cheap plastic. It doesn't have to be Snell-certified or anything, does it?

Can't you get one from Lowes? :scottm:

It pobably does, but I don't know if there will be anyone checking.

As with any safety gear and the appropriatenes of it, you just have to think to yourself, "It's your melon." :viking:

Ok we have six spots for NAXJA rigs.

karstic
johnnyc
jeprovo
webdog
Beamer
JohnX

I need to know if you are going both days, or just Saturday, or just Sunday.

Will there be any designated camp area if we go both days?? May we camp on the trail??

I'm planning on being there both days. Holcomb Creek is a very special trail, I'm looking forward to helping it get opened up again.

I'm a maybe...depends on many tins coming together just right...Ok, really just a couple things: will my GI Bill money it in time, in the right amount; will I be able to get out to 100dollar man to get a CUCV (and possibly HMMWV tires, lift, and 12bolt HMMWV wheels). Otherwise, I might try and hitch a ride with someone else.

Will there be any designated camp area if we go both days??

I may try to get one of the nearby Yellowpost sites.

May we camp on the trail??

No. Some of the people on MJR have tried for some of their past workday and were emphatically told "no" because of the fire closure.

I'm a maybe...depends on many tins coming together just right...Ok, really just a couple things: will my GI Bill money it in time, in the right amount; will I be able to get out to 100dollar man to get a CUCV (and possibly HMMWV tires, lift, and 12bolt HMMWV wheels). Otherwise, I might try and hitch a ride with someone else.

We are at our limit for vehicles, but you are more than welcome to hitch a ride with someone else.

Back