• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hogs

sams88

NAXJA Member #1263
As in wild pigs. Is there any hog hunting in the PNW, like as in pigs or wild boars, not sweat hogs, lol. There was a long thing on the tube the other night about wild pigs and how they are increasing in numbers, etc., and I just got to wondering if there were any around. I grew up in North Idaho and used to hunt a lot but never heard anything about any pigs. On this map of the US they showed, it looked like there were some in Southeastern WA. ???? Comments? If so, might be another fun way to get some wheeling in.

Man I dont think there is?? I have hunted in Eastern WA for 20 years and have never heard of Pig hunting. I saw the same show you did! The XXXXing things look mean!

California has wild boar,turkey and Deer. I went boar hunting on some guys ranch in Napa however the guy I was with though you needed to be 10 feet away for a 270 to kill them. I keep telling the guy we can shoot that thing and kill it from 50 yards so he kept scaring them off oh well. I dont think they have any wild boar up here. Bear and deer no boars

Man I dont think there is?? I have hunted in Eastern WA for 20 years and have never heard of Pig hunting. I saw the same show you did! The XXXXing things look mean!

ya, that think went on for a good couple hours. A couple different shows. Well I hadn't heard of any up here either, but that map they showed said there was. So it was probably a mistake. Ya they showed Hogzilla, and some others that were just as big that hunters had taken. Was a pretty amazing show really. I think those people going into the bush after those things with their dogs were nuts myself.

ya, that think went on for a good couple hours. A couple different shows. Well I hadn't heard of any up here either, but that map they showed said there was. So it was probably a mistake. Ya they showed Hogzilla, and some others that were just as big that hunters had taken. Was a pretty amazing show really. I think those people going into the bush after those things with their dogs were nuts myself.

Ya im all about just shoot the dumb things... Did you see the one with the great dane? kinda cool that those dogs can learn to do that!

Ya im all about just shoot the dumb things... Did you see the one with the great dane? kinda cool that those dogs can learn to do that!

yup, saw the Great Dane one. I had a couple Great Danes while I lived down in Tennessee in the Navy. The other program the folks were using Pit Bulls and Mastiffs for running down the hogs. Had kevlar vests for the dogs. Those hogs are pretty dangerous animals for sure.

...until they're stuffed with herbs and spices and wrapped in banana leaves before being tossed into a hole in the ground with hot coals and rocks for several hours.

Thats making me hungry. My GFs dad did this in 1976 they pulled the pig out of the ground and ate it. Three days later they had flames coming out of the ground they thought Satin was going to show up. :D

Back