• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hmmm... snow...

artsifrtsi

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after having a really mild winter thus far, we have been almost blizzarding here the last couple days. Last night we got about 12 inches. Been trying to get the driveway cleared, but there are also high winds. We have snow anywhere from the flats at 12 inches, to 2-3 feet in the drifts. I'd enjoy this more if I had a sled or if the steering joint were fixed in the XJ....
More expected tonight!

we got a foot's worth of it yesterday during the day. front of my MJ had a good cubic foot of snow blown around the engine bay by the time I got off work, drove home and had all my lights dim out (stupid me, my relay centre cover was in the seat beside me) I got home, my radio light was off, but headlights were bright. dashlights were a little dim, so I backed my mj into the driveway, turned it off, keys in the ign, clutch shoved to the floor and just like last time my alternator went south, I heard a big click likea relay opening my headlights/dashlights/HVAC panel lights come on, 3 seconds later I hear the click and the go off, spent 4 hrs with a heat lamp on them in the driveway drying all the relays out. Ran ok when I started it thismorning.

Yea here December and January were warm, and now it's below 5 degrees each day getting down into negative digits at night with a negative dual digit wind chill. I wish global warming would hurry itself up......lets burn alot of styrafoam :)

DrMoab said:
wish we would get some. Our mountains are at about 60% of normal right now.

Going to be a dry year.
x2...we still need more. It takes more than just ONE winter with slightly above-average snowfall to avoid the drought we've been in for years.

It got even better... last night the burner in the furnace decided to take a crap on us, with single digit temps not including the wind-chill. Good thing we have a wood burning stove for a backup!

It's been so cold that today a pipe burst in my mom's school (she's a teacher) on the first floor. First floor was flooding, luckily everybody got out of the second flood because walls were collapsing and the foundation was going, they thought there might be a collapse....everybody is out though, thank goodness.

Back