• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High voltage alternator

I'd disconnect both connectors and verify the wire with an ohm meter, then cut it far enough back so you can re-splice it if it isn't the problem. High voltage like you describe makes me really nervous, no telling what kind of damage it is doing.

Or maybe cut the PCM end of the wire and fire the motor up and see what happens, maybe shake the harness around a little and see what you get for voltage with the regulator completely out of the system.

I'm not sure about your 95 but sometimes wire colors repeat themselves, maybe the same color, maybe a color near enough it is hard to tell the difference just by the color alone. Verify then cut.

There was a recall for loose PDC bus nuts, I think it was the 95. I wonder if a loose bus might cause something like this. The TSB was for fire danger, I sure can't remember the exact year, maybe the 95.

Back