• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Performance Trans Fluid

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Just some info for those who might want the best AW4 trans fluid. I have seen this at a lot of Race Shops and never knew what is was, but I called a guy that builds Race AW4 transmissions along with Trophy Truck and Corr auto's and he Say's that there is no other fluid that comes close to Swepco 71420 Fluid. It is compatible with all Dextron so slight mix do no harm. Check it out, but its not cheap! Thanks to Scott(CleanRc) for the name of the shop(Mogi).

Thanks for the info.

While we're on the subject, just in case anyone finds this useful, I use B&M trans fluid in the t-case because it's blue. That way if I have a leak I know if the tranny or t-case is leaking by the color of the fluid.

Goatman said:
Thanks for the info.

While we're on the subject, just in case anyone finds this useful, I use B&M trans fluid in the t-case because it's blue. That way if I have a leak I know if the tranny or t-case is leaking by the color of the fluid.

That is a very good idea, and the B&M fluid is good stuff.

Thanks for the info!! Gonna give it a try....looks like some killer stuff!

Goatman said:
Thanks for the info.

I think Johnny should try this... That way we can figure out which one leaks...

Rich. Let me know when you find the hook up for the swepco....

Last edited:
It is Trans Fluid, all Trans Fluid is Hydraulic Fluid. I did some More checking and it is widely used on High performance Transmissions is the off-road industry.
Normal trans fluid is meant for everyday driving, not the extremes of off-road. The torque converter heat produced from this type of abuse is no where close to what the OEM was meant to do.

Back