• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High idol

Zuki-Ron said:
xj dreamin' said:
Seriously. According to NAXJA archives (type "fast idle" [with quotes]), fast idle is a vacume leak, or MAP related (which equates to vaume leak affecting MAP).

Three words:
Pot, Kettle, Black ;)
(Like I've never done anything like that :laugh3: )

:dunno: Waht?

Come on...idol is a way better joke than vacuum/vacume/vaume. Anyway, that was before I updated my Google toolbar
thumbsup_.gif

8Mud said:
I've never have figured out whether it's gauge or gage, just know it isn't gag. My smell checker is no help at all.

Compact Oxford English Dictionary
gag
noun a joke or funny story or act.

gage /gayj/ archaic
noun 1 a valued object deposited as a guarantee of good faith. 2 a glove or other object thrown down as a challenge to fight.

gauge /gayj/ (chiefly US also gage)
noun 1 an instrument that measures and gives a visual display of the amount, level, or contents of something. 2 the thickness, size, or capacity of a wire, sheet, tube, bullet, etc., especially as a standard measure. 3 the distance between the rails of a line of railway track.
verb 1 estimate or determine the amount or level of. 2 judge or assess (a situation, mood, etc.). 3 measure the dimensions of with a gauge. 4 (gauged) made in standard dimensions.

There ya' go. :laugh3:

XJ Dreamin' said:
Compact Oxford English Dictionary

gage /gayj/ archaic
noun 1 a valued object deposited as a guarantee of good faith. 2 a glove or other object thrown down as a challenge to fight.

I like the second definition of gage.

William Shakespeare. Richard II, Act IV, Scene 1. (paraphrased)
(edit: I got the wrong fight scene :laugh3:, and the wrong king . Richard II, not Henry II)

[XJ Dreamin']:
[8Mud], thou liest; [mine] honour is as true
In this appeal as thou art all unjust;
And that thou art so, there I throw my gage,
To prove it on thee to the extremest point
Of mortal breathing: seize it, if thou darest.

SW-Lightsabres.gif

Last edited:
I think throwing down your gage, is just a dirty trick, to get me to supplicate my prostrate.

8Mud said:
I think throwing down your gage, is just a dirty trick, to get me to supplicate my prostrate.

Well, that doesn't hurt as much as sublimating your prostate :scared:

Yo nasty bro, Reverand Spooner would be ashamed of ya.

8Mud said:
Yo nasty bro, Reverand Spooner would be ashamed of ya.

I can see that I will not win this foray. Therefore, I will my quietus make, but I will not bare my bodkin.

Adieu. Remember me
change.gif

Back