• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

high idle uphill

LOL, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

Hot enough? Details man, details! Temp data source? Temp versus time, ......Is the T-stat stuck open (new or not) or is the engine running too rich?

I think the o2 sensor is going out it gets up to 160 allot faster now but still stays there with the new murray t stat

There's your answer. Murray stat. Mopar only 83501426. Don't waste your hard earned money and labor on crappy parts.

Lets not be too hasty now. I am having great results with Murray stats and they are made in Israel, not China.

sandsgg, where and how are you measuring this 160 F? Have you verified it with an infrared sensor at the T-stat housing? Have you tested the T-stat in boiling water and using a thermometer?

If you are going by the dash gauge it may be reading an air bubble or a bad temp sensor in the top of the rear block. Renix dash gauges and sensors are worthless and are not at all accurate.

Yea I'm just running it off the dash, i don't have any fancy thermometers but never thought to try boiling it

I have 5 renix jeeps and not a damn one of the dash gauges reads right. One reads right on odd days, but not even days, LOL, one reads 140 F at 220 F and so on. I only trust IR readings directly under the hood. Harbor freight sells a low cost one for $6-$9 on sale at times, and a good one for about $15 to $20 on sale.

And you may still have a floating sensor ground issue that can affect the dash temp gauge reading.

Back