• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Beam Offroad Preditor headlights, reviews?

20161211_120447_zpst1drali2.jpg

And this is the stamp on my trucklights, I've had my truck lights on the dd for about a year, drive in the dark every day, been flashed maybe twice
20161211_120543_zpsfovb0wha.jpg

If the HighBeam lights have a better pattern, I'll swap them to my dd jeep. Looking forward to trying them both.

Great, thanks. They need to update their website. I already have trouble seeing at night so these would be really nice.

Last night in 100 miles, I had one motorist "high beam" me back. They are bright! Mine were out of aim, so I did a little work on them today to bring the drivers side down a little, it was high.

I passed several officers last night, some on patrol, some running radar, none came after me. They were all local county police. I will probably encounter a VASP on the way to work tomorrow. If they are too bright, I expect the VASP will pull me to check them.

agreed^ I have a pair of delta 5x7 xenon (non DOT) with an upgraded harness, but those look even better, How are These lights about icing up? believe it or not ive had my xenon's ice up before in WV

I think I may order a set of these for my '01 XJ daily driver. I've got an upgraded wiring harness and a set of Cibie E-Code housings but I blow my lights all the dang time... at least 1/year... and it normally happens when it's raining or freezing cold out.

Since these are DOT compliant and have great reviews I'm seriously considering these. I've always wanted a set of JW Speaker headlights but those are NEVER going in my jeep as they're WAY too expensive. :)

I worry about this more than anything. We are expecting ice/snow this weekend here in VA so I might find out very soon.

I've often wondered why LED headlights lights ice up... I've got several high-end LED flashlights and those suckers get HOT if you run them for very long at all. I would think that LED headlights would at the very least stay above freezing temps but I don't know since I've never fun them on a vehicle. I'm interested in hearing how they hold up and if they freeze up.

The DOT stamp was what I wanted to see.

That being said, I wouldn't put it above the import companies doing that just to be a "hey let's market it as DOT in the US, and put that on there, who's going to actually check!?"

:laugh:

That being said, I'm looking to source a carton myself, since they can be had for closer to $150 per pair.

not sure what 'source a carton' means, but if you find a source for these for $150/pair please let me know... :)

A carton = a butt ton.

This is the single best improvement that I have ever made to a stock XJ. No more driving by candle light. Its romantic and all but..........

I drove in the rain last night, they work great.

I had my wife in front of me and she says they are not too bright or annoying. We made drive by passes and she says that just about when she thought they were getting annoying, the low beam cut off point would reach her and the glare was reduced.

These are well thought out lights! I'm happy so far

The manufacturer appears to be a company called TuffPlus, their part number for the part is A0102. I can't seem to find them for less than $140ish a piece, so good luck. link to the MFR web page http://tuffplus.cn/content/?54.html
also my first post on NAXJA:clap:

Ha, nope not even close (price wise). At $140 per piece...that would make them more than they are from High Beam Offroad.

By the way, there are about half a dozen companies that make this same light :laugh:

Last edited:
Back