• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hide-away front reciever

I'd extend the side mounts back to where the factory tow hooks mount and throw a 1/2" bolt in there. Much more beef than the 7/16" steering mount bolts. Looks good though, and will work well as a front skid. :)

I used grade 5 bolts, and with a shear strenght of 75,000lbs/in^2, that's a combined strenght of 37,353lbs between the 6-7/16" and 6-3/8" bolts. Right at 18.68tons. I think as it sits, the uni-body or single 1/2" hitch pin are probably the weak point. On that note, I had planned on using those holes, but ran into some form of difficulty (can't remember what it was right now) and decided that it would be ok the way it is. Those side plates had been slated for use on a front bumper, but this thing is a DD and looks to be staying that way.

I'm thinking about doing something like this but put the reciever on top for better aproach angle with a winch craddle. For the frame mounts, Do you have the PDF file or could you point me to where it's located. I had it on my old computer but that died and I forget where I found it.

Ahh no washers? Spread the load man.

What? You don't like my big 1/4" think washer behind them all? lol :rolleyes:
I didn't really see a need. The holes fit the bolts perfectly, and since there is no void between the plate and the body anywhere, the plates distribute the load. No real need for washers there. I do need to swap the passenger side nuts out for lock nuts some day, but there are lock washers behind them right now, so I'm not that worried.

Back