• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HiCountry Offroad XJ Tow Hook Brackets

rocknxj said:
After installing a set of tow hooks and brackets on my '99 this past weekend, I'd love to have installed something protrudes out further and accepts a D-ring or other recovery device.

The bumper is not that difficult to remove, but it does take some time. You'll get dirt in yer eye and bump the noggin, but it is not that difficult. The largest pain I had was having to trim the plastic trim to allow enough room for the new hooks. Seems like my setup (via eBay) is not genuine and the hooks are too close to the plastic fairing to allow a strap to be fastened.

my rusty's brackets leave the hooks touching the fairing. i like it as there is not really a way for the strap to fall off. you just have to push the fairing out of the way.

I bought the d-ring mounts and brackets from high country offroad, and so far they work great - matt was a good person to deal with. There also very easy to install compared to the other mounts. The only thing about them is the finish seems to not hold up on them very well, but its not a big deal I can respray them with underbody coating or something.

Turfzilla said:
Hey Tim, How often do you drag those shackles on rock and banks? With the shackle on there they look to be kinda low.

With a radius on the bracket and enough room to swing the clevis back they ride right up and over stuff. I built this bumper and find I bang the bumper corners more than anything else. The next bumper I build will have the clevis brackets mounted on the face.
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back