• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HHO Gas...this is worth a look into.

Dude! Save your money and build your own!!!!! There is nothing to building these things!

kujito said:
I'm down to be the test rat. If this damn "stimulus" check ever materializes I'll order one and let y'all know how it goes. Worst case, motor blows and I'm out a $500 heep. Best case, I see 50% gain and get 24 mpg! I'd order one right now, but brokeazz student budget and one payday/month job won't allow it.

Ecomike said:
Dude! Save your money and build your own!!!!! There is nothing to building these things!

I'll 2nd that. As a kid I used a couple nail and a battery charger to fill 2 liter bottles with h2 + o2. The only parts that could be a little pricy would be exotic electrodes that avoid corosion, like platinum. But that isn't needed for a test.

It would be best if you had a scangauge to get instant mpg readings. Then you could flip the h2 o2 generator on and off and see if the mileage jumps.

Hey, I have a scangauge. It wouldn't be that hard to test. But I'm getting ready to move and have packed up my larger tools (drill press, table and miter saws) and have plenty to mess with now: new job, packing and fixing up the house, finishing my master's degree, messing w/ the new sub I put in my jeep. Hell, I just finished a new boat and haven't gotten it wet yet, so I don't need any more projects. But it may be worth a quick project to get some real numbers out there instead of the crap on youtube: "see, I've got pipe under my hood and the car still runs! This stuff is great!"

Ecomike said:

I was thinking of taking that route as well. Not sure how to or what I need. Haven't really looked into it too deeply yet though either. Any details in this area would be most helpful. I'd like to keep it cheap, at least for a first try, so things like a Ti tank probably won't happen.

Well if someone wants to serously give building one a try shoot me a pm because I actually bought the plans to build one a couple weeks ago and I just haven't had any time to try and put one together. It seems kinda like alot of work put maybe it just looks worse that it really is....

snow580 said:
Well if someone wants to serously give building one a try shoot me a pm because I actually bought the plans to build one a couple weeks ago and I just haven't had any time to try and put one together. It seems kinda like alot of work put maybe it just looks worse that it really is....

i bought the plans as well and built one with a mason jar like the ones for sale on ebay. i haven't tested it yet. i have a cracked header and a busted motor mount that need attention first. my new APN header will be here in a few days so i'm gonna wait until i get the new motor mounts and header installed. i'm still trying to build an adjustable MAP sensor. i just haven't found a thread on here that helps me with what i want to build. i'l post my results next month when i get everything installed. i still need to order my brown dog motor mounts.

Back