• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HF Badland Winches

The new Badland Winch was designed by the same guy that designed the Mile Marker winches. There was a write up a while back that found the new Badland Winch to rank rather high for what it is.

The only time I had a problem with my HF winch I caused it by letting the cable all spool up on one side. Slow, but dependable is how I would depict the ones I had.

-Ron

China (Beijing Auto Works) owns the xj too.

kitajci-3_4219952_10796317_11794882.jpg

is that ting for real?

Broke my Harbor Freight China-Boy winch on the top of Mt. Tenabo, and it was a real mess getting the Jeep back to the ranch. Saved up and purchased the WARN winch, and now i sleep better. Don't buy that Rice-Boy crap, just save up and get the Big-Boy WARN winch, and then you have the best. Never have I had regrets paying for quality...

I was reading in Petersons 4x4 that the lead engineer of Warn quit and went to work for Harbor Freight, those Badlands winches are the ones he designed. Petersons did a full side by side comparason with the warn 12k winch and they both came out completly even in every test they did. The only thing they said they dont know is how long years wise the winch will really last because they havnt been on the market long. I know I will be getting one, just cant beat the price.

Back