• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEY YOU READ THIS

KRAKER

NAXJA Forum User
Hey fellas. El Capitan here to gauge interest in the Members Only run at the Pima Motor sports Park.

The only thing holding us back is funding. POSJ spent a lot of time and effort negotiating with the owner of the grounds to make this event possible. He has worked long and hard to make this possible. Seeing his hard efforts for the club go to waste would be a shame.

The chapter does have some funds that the BOD would be willing to use to finance this project but it's nowhere near enough. Also chapter funds are being used to join the AZOHVC and other land use issues. The chapter donated 100 USD to help reopen a trail in Table Mesa.

I have been relentlessly pushing to the National BOD to approve a funding program used in previous years to no avail. So it looks like we're on our own for funding. The cost would be as low as we can get it. Another option I have run into is having another club join us. We (the BOD) need your input. Do you guys want this to happen? Are you willing to pay for the event? Does anyone know of a club that would be interested in sharing the park with us?

For those unfamiliar with the PMP grounds. It is where W.E.Rock is held every year in South Tucson. Don't let that intimidate you. I have walked the ground several times. There are plenty of areas for the less built rigs.

Input? Please keep comments/input in a positive constructive manner. All other posts will be deleted.

After all the bills are paid we have a few hundred. I'm hoping there is enough made from the national event to cover a larger portion of the PMP run.

I'd happily pay $200 for two days and one night of on site camping for this . I will also run the idea by the local clubs I wheel with . Are we thinking October ?

After the cherocarppynamefest. I think what won the vote was weekend after thanksgiving.

Keep in mind if we end up inviting another club. There has to be one paid NAXJA member for every invited guest. Also, Every member would have to surrender their guest pass.

If we invite another club we need to make sure they have the needed money and same amount of wheelers we do. 1 for 1 kinda thing. this will also lower the cost to each of us. I would invite undertakers so we not only see smaller rigs we would get to see the extrem side of rigs too. I would figure out how we run tho before inviting anyone. is it one rig on the track at a time or a free for all. i dont have to go pay alot and get to spend 30 min on the track each day. i have told you in the past undertakers would join us becouse they want too do this but cant becouse of insurance witch we have.

Crash, it would be multiple courses set up over the property and one vehicle per course at a time. I talked to Dave Ashman and he said he would like to run the course, so he would be my guest. But this thread just goes to show that there is no interest. I wouldn't mind if I had to keep working this, but if there isn't more interest than the four people that have posted up the price is going to be too high for me to be able to attend. It is $800 a day is what I got qouted by the owner. Four people wouldn't be enough to use club funds so we would be paying $200 a person. We would get tons of time on the course but that is still a huge chunk of money for me at this time.

You all forget its summer no one is even looking at the boards so calm down. There is alot of members that would like to do this and when the heat starts to move out I am sure you will see more interest.

Talked to Mark again today, he said we can get the price dropped down if we don't have many people running the courses since there is less of a chance of damage. If we rent it at the $800 said before we can have as many people as we want out there.

Back