• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HERCULINER?

I used it on my old Willys. It def tough as dog doo. You gotta constantly mix it though because the rubber pellets that give it the textured feel sink to the bottom. If your not careful some spots will be super textured and some will be smoother. Also be real carful on getting it everywhere, it dripped on a few places in my garage and it was a biotch trying to get it off with a razor. I also got it all over my arms which then took 2.5 weeks to get off.

No like this
288s3m0.jpg

I would say it depends on what your paint currently looks like in that area. If it looks decent I would not do it. If it is scratched up and crappy then I say go for it.

i used the duplicolor stuff on my jeep interior and it is okay... but has flaked off in just a couple areas... and i know i sanded everything down, not sure what happened, but i think that is too smooth and hard... i would prefer the hurculiner for do it yourself, seen the after product and i like it alot better. that or lineX

Obviously, the real spray in stuff is better. I like LineX best for interiors because it is harder, almost like a plastic. The Rhino is pretty much a rubbery surface and can peel. Also, it seems that the LineX cleans up better too.

I used the spray on duplicolor liner stuff on my sliders and it worked great (the 2nd time). The first time I did it, every single bit of it flaked off. I figured it was b/c of the cold though b/c like Blake, mine too was sanded VERY well. I re-did all of it in the warm and it has stayed perfectly and has proven to be very durable.

A gallon paint kit of Herculiner is $90. A gallon should do the trick, although you might want to buy an extra quart just in case.

I did my rockers,Quarters,Bumpers and rock rails with the Duplicolor spray. It is a mooth texture, easy to get clean VS a rough texture. The biggest thing with any of these is the prep.
004-4.jpg

I always found the herculiner hard as heck to get all the mud out. The spray on seems to be better.

Back