• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help...snapped front brake hose

91 Jeep Project said:
They are not.

hey 91jeep project, ive been trying to get the straight scoop on the front lines from a yj.
can you tell me how much longer they are than XJ's.. the parts stores and dealerships cant give me a straight answer and dont have them in stock to measure. i didnt want to special order them until i knew for sure that they were longer and had the same fittings.
i got a rear line cause i

RicksXJ said:
hey 91jeep project, ive been trying to get the straight scoop on the front lines from a yj.
can you tell me how much longer they are than XJ's.. the parts stores and dealerships cant give me a straight answer and dont have them in stock to measure. i didnt want to special order them until i knew for sure that they were longer and had the same fittings.
i got a rear line cause i

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/ARyjBrakeHosesOnXJ/YJbrakeHosesOnXJ.htm

Want a good answer. find someone local that makes them. Mine are 32" long. Try over extending those

ipkyss said:
Want a good answer. find someone local that makes them. Mine are 32" long. Try over extending those

Good idea, I know there is a few shops here that can make rubber ones. But it never crossed my mind.

I don't like the long metal part on the YJ line. It seems like if you did get it extented all the way that piece would kink or break off.

OT said:
Free?
No, JU is free.
Around here, we (NAXJA being OPEC) PAY for our server space.
Sponges, of the likes of yourself, are why we raised membership rates recently.
Personally, I would be happy if you took your 1000 posts back to JU and ask them
the questions, that you're too lazy to search for on our dime, and stay there.
As far as NAXJA is concerned, you've worn out your welcome with this thread.
X2 i agree with OT on this one, can we move this thread to the tard nominations thread?

In all this bull shit the only people that have been helpful were mostly non- members....and newbs.

blah,blah,blah..we pay for this site and we are better than you so we are not going to say anything useful besides flaming non members for not searching or not paying to be a member.It's one big broken record that plays over and over.
Get over yourselves...if this is such a big deal and this is such an elitist's site why not make it members only then you wouldn't have to bitch at people who's names are not in red?After all,us non-members don't contribute any thing to this site any way,right?

So go ahead and flame on....I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this.

ok, quit getting all pissy, its really very retarded. i'm running about 6.5" of lift and i'm always pulling my coils out of the buckets. here's what i did. get extended lines and move the mounting position down so that instead of coming out of the frame and then making the turn it does, straighten the line and you'll get another 2". it's cheap, super easy and fool proof. another idea is to get two rear rubber lines (like from an 8.8 with discs, you know, the short rubber line that is like 10" long), put one from the caliper to the lca, run a hard line up the lca to the second rear rubber line, then route hard line back inside the engine bay. never worrying about stretching or breaking a line again, although slightly more expensive than just buying stupid long brake lines.

jeepdeepfreak said:
In all this bull shit the only people that have been helpful were mostly non- members....and newbs.

blah,blah,blah..we pay for this site and we are better than you so we are not going to say anything useful besides flaming non members for not searching or not paying to be a member.It's one big broken record that plays over and over.
Get over yourselves...if this is such a big deal and this is such an elitist's site why not make it members only then you wouldn't have to bitch at people who's names are not in red?After all,us non-members don't contribute any thing to this site any way,right?

So go ahead and flame on....I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this.

Maybe it's not so much the fact that you're not a member...

...just a tard. :wierd:

MogifiedXJ said:
Maybe it's not so much the fact that you're not a member......
..just a tard. :wierd:

i have to agree with you guys... my name is not up there in red, and i've received
nothing but help and advice from the people on this forum......

Back