• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help please. CPS, O2 wire? Blowing 15A fuse in PDC

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
like a week ago my girl hit a slight bump going slow. Not hard at all. Jeep dies. No restart. After about half hour of trouble shooting at midnight I finally found a blown fuse in the PDC. It's a 15amp ( I believe the asd fuse) replaced fuse and fires right up. Drive 10 seconds blows fuse again. So in order to get home I ended up putting a 20amp in. Well that worked for about two days. I have searched and most problems like this are caused by O2 wires shorted out on exhaust or DS. Well I visually inspected both O2 and see no melted or torn wires. Tonight I finally found a multimeter and tested the CPS. With meter on 20K ohms between b and c i'm getting a reading of .1ohms. Does this mean a faulty cps? Also when the fuse blows the aux fan runs constantly with the key in the on position. Replace fuse it works as it should until it blows again after start up. Also swapped relays around to try to rule out a bad one. No difference.
98xj Aw4 311k

Figured it out. It wasn't popping the asd fuse. It was blowing the fuel pump fuse. Found a shorted wire on the diff.

Good find! Thanks for the fix! Most people let threads like these languish away.

Back