• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help...nervous about new lift....

ok, i'll helpin my buddy w/ an RE budget boost on his tj this afternoon, i'll take my uper shock mounts out and see what happens....and clean off the grease....Thanks for all the info...looks like everything will end up alright.

P.S...no vibes at all from 0-50mph...55-65 seems like it gets a little bit of a vibe...so slight that i cant tell if its just the mud terrains i have or if the shimms/ d/s arent perfect...any way to tell if i'm still having minor vibes or if its that minor no big deal?? Thanks again for all the info everyone.

Re the smell: Check out your SYE for a very small leak of TC fluid coming out along the shaft flowing to the CVJ and then being thrown on the cat. converter. It won't be much, but will be enough to cause the smell. I had the same prob after a new SYE install. You or your mechanic will have to drop the drive shaft, pull the yoke cover and put a ring of silicon caulk around the seal at the rear of the shaft bearing. Then put things back together and the leak should be fixed.

Back