• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me find a restored gas pump!

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get a good, hi-res photo taken of the face of a restored nostalgic gas pump.

Was shopping at Costco many months back and they had a limited offering of these cool personal drink vending machines:

1015f54d-57ea-4f44-9bf5-9c0f0ab1cb09_400.jpg

The silly thing is just a tad larger than an old 50's gas pump and it stirred my creative brain...... so I customized it into this:

IMG_20151022_130715875_zps28t9slxe.jpg

The face of it is customizable. The manufacturer has a deal with Fat Head where you can submit a hi-res photo into an on-line photo editor and they'll make you a face with whatever image you want on it....... Well, I want mine to be the face of an old gas pump.

I'd love to find this one - it's a Wayne 505:

download_zps5d6auwjf.jpg

The face with the stainless frame around it should photo perfectly to fit in the face of the vending machine.

Anyone know of a place that has old gas pumps on display in the metro area?

I need to be able to get a photo with good lighting but without a reflection of the picture taker or anything behind the picture taker...... Nothing on line is of a large enough size for me to copy, then crop down to just the face and stainless surround....

Last edited:
Back