• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Level My Jeep! (Pictures)

toss a few bags of playsand in the rear, the weight will help break in the springs

X2, load it down with some heavy stuff and drive around for a few days. It will level out. I think it looks just fine like it is, but an inch lower in the back would look good too.

~James

I'd say it looks good like it is. I wouldn't change it. A little up in the back is good. And if you loaded down for Safari, it would level out anyway.

X2!!

ACOS adjustable coil spacers. You'll want 'em eventually!!!

acos1.jpg

Another vote for leave it. You'll like it sitting that way once you start loading the thing down in the back. Plus, like others have said, you probably still have not fully broken in the leaf springs so it should settle some.

Another vote for leave it. You'll like it sitting that way once you start loading the thing down in the back. Plus, like others have said, you probably still have not fully broken in the leaf springs so it should settle some.

Like this retard said, leave it be... just let the fat chicks ride in the back the first couple dates....

^ what he said. it looks good as it is.

when i installed my first lift. it sat perfectly level. looked good.

then the rear started to sag from my upgrades (bumper, tire swing-out, armor, gear that i carry, etc.). looked like crap.

then i boosted the whole thing, but boosted the rear a little more to compensate. now it sits a wee bit higher in the rear, like yours. i didn't like the look at first, but now i love it.

I put a 4.5" RE super flex kit on and my rear leaf springs have not settled one bit!! That's why I installed the ACOS spacers.

You got any pictures of your Jeep? I'm just curious to see what it looks like with the same lift and them spacers...

She sits perfectly level!!

35s2.jpg

35s1.jpg

35s.jpg

What upgrades do you have to the 4.5" SF kit? You most definitely sit higher than me. Aside from the spacers up front, I should say...

Edit: They look like 35's atleast as well, correct? Maybe you haven't updated your signature.

Mine did the same thing. I was about 1" higher in the rear than the front. I ended up putting 1-3/4" spacers up front and then added a bumper and winch. Its sits pretty level now.

it will settle....

They look like 35's atleast as well, correct? Maybe you haven't updated your signature.

i was thinking the same thing...

I vote leave it... all the re lifts i've done take a good 6-9 months of good wheeling carring people or gear to settle into their claimed lift. Bumpers and gear help it along also.

My bad!! Didn't change my sig. I just put my 33s back on. It doesn't have the MTRs anymore. As far as upgrades to the lift, I have none. All leaf spring in the rear and ACOS in the front.

Maybe the RE lift I got was the eception, but It's been in there for a year now and there hasn't been more than about a 1/4" of settling. I had huge ProtoFab bumpers on it for many months as well, including a 32" spare and swing out carrier on the back.

Mine hasn't settled.

Back