• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Insurance

jsolorza

NAXJA Member #1632
I want to change my insurance plan and provider. What insurance company's do you guys recommend, I pay $208 for 1 xj and 1 honda civic (the honda being full coverage and the xj uninsured motorist and basic insurance, both vehicles paid off)

thanks in advance
jose solorza

You pay 208 a month?

Wow I pay 480 for 6 for full coverage on my jeep and my truck. Do you have many tickets or accidents? Try lowering your annual mileage and switching the primary driver on your cars. When I first got my truck I put my wife on it as primary and it made my premium go up 1500 because she had just gotten her license. I switched her to the jeep and it dropped significantly. Try progressive and esurance both compare to other companies to find you the best deal (at least that’s what they say on TV)

My wife and I are with AAA, and the bill is agreeable (somewhere south of $500/6 mos, being in California the Land of the Incompetent Driver.)

Me: 37y/o, no points
Her: 54y/o, no points

Vehicle 1: 2005 Suzuki Verona, 2.5L I6, 4D. Full coverage
Vehicle 2: 1988 XJ 2D 242ci/xxx/NP231. PNO. Comp Only. (The "xxx" will be an AX-15 once I get enough of the garage cleaned out to get it in there. The City doesn't want you doing anything more involved than an oil change in the driveway. Small-minded boneheads.)

Kids no longer live at home, neither of us smokes (except for a cigar every 4-6 weeks for me, so "effective non-smoker." I like to put my feet up when I'm having a smoke, so it doesn't happen when I'm driving.)

You do have to buy an AAA membership to get insurance through them, but that does have some advantages (the AAA discount many places offer usually makes the membership pay for itself. We take one road trip in a year, and the membership is paid for in hotel discounts. Between AAA and AARP, we usually do fairly well on the road.)

Right now I am paying about $99 a month for both my XJ's a 88 & 90, I think I have full coverage. Im only 22, but have a clean record.

Are you in school? you can get a good student discount.

The best insurance is USAA but its hard to get into... Every time I go to AAA for some DMV work they try to sell me on there insurance, i say if you can beat USAA i will switch they always get quiet and say they cant. lol

24, Mercury Insurance, No tickets or accidents

06 Honda Accord full coverage
94 Jeep Cherokee liability only

$135/month

Back