• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! heat soak problem

Coolant temp sensor on order. just to double check , fuel pressure at idle with vacuum conected 31 psi. disconected 40. i believe that to be corect for a 94 return style fuel system.

we'll parts monkey ordered the wrong sensor. he ordered the sensor for the dash, located at the back of the head. new thermostat housing sensor ordered will be here wensday.

Stumbling and dieing is still an issue. Though quiet less.
Does not do it while driving, but if left idling long enough it will still stumble and eventually die. Won't restart .
On the second attempt of restarting it's hard and you can here the starter struggling to crank. Not hydolock cranked. and not low voltage.
Cps tps coil and coolant sensor have been changed. Coil is the only one that made any sort of noticeable change in performance.

When given throttle while it is stumbling it will pop through the exhaust, if I'm able to get the engine speed up the popping will stop. . Unplugging the map sensor cause the stumbling to cease.
Any help guys,
Chris

so it ran better with the map sensor unplugged? if that's the case check the tubing running to the map sensor for leaks. if that checks out OK. your maps sensor may be bad.

I would suspect if unplugging the vacuum to the MAP sensor helps, then the line is plugged. Testing MAP and vacuum lines for issues is pretty easy so may as well do both.

Problem defentlly seams to be spark related. as i have fuel. couple questions reguarding the dizzy. Is it possible for oil to find it's way inside the cap? how much play is allowed in the shaft.
Other thing is when i pulled the cap off, the coil wire came out of the boot at the coil side, i noticed that the end looked burnt. sounds like i'll need new wires. grr these are only 25k-ish old.

couple questions reguarding the dizzy. Is it possible for oil to find it's way inside the cap? how much play is allowed in the shaft.
I had that experience. I do not remember checking side play in the distributor shaft, I had a spare in my trail kit. I was chasing down a misfire when I found that problem. The misfire went away with the old distributor.

There shouldn't be much side to side play in the dizzy. I'm betting if you change the spark wires it should sort it out. Especially if it was burnt

Back