• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help...does anyone know?????

Nice. Glad you found it.

Kyung

I'm glad you got it running, however I would suggest that you test the lead that you hot-wired for the amount of current it has before you go too far because the fusible links are designed to protect against the harness burning up in the event of a short. You just removed that protection so if there is a short (such as a chaffed wire arcing to the body) you could melt down that circuit or worst case start an electrical fire.

Even if the current is in spec and the link failed due to age, I would replace the fusible link ASAP.

Later,
Joe

Crash_AF said:
I'm glad you got it running, however I would suggest that you test the lead that you hot-wired for the amount of current it has before you go too far because the fusible links are designed to protect against the harness burning up in the event of a short. You just removed that protection so if there is a short (such as a chaffed wire arcing to the body) you could melt down that circuit or worst case start an electrical fire.

Even if the current is in spec and the link failed due to age, I would replace the fusible link ASAP.

Later,
Joe

Ditto, fusible links are there for reason.

Definatly, definatly I will put another one in ASAP and also put a few extra ones in the tool bag in the back! I am wondering though if me going through that water may have shorted something causing the link to blow. Hmm...I will have to do some more testing, I will post if I find anything!

Thanks again guys for all your help!
XJXJ said:
Ditto, fusible links are there for reason.

Back