• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Busted Dana 44

langer1,

I've got an open carrier and some 3.73's for $50 if you want em.

email [email protected]

(and yeah, that's a trac-loc carrier you have, but you could swap in an open and add a lunchbox locker)

a lunchbox locker is one that fits inside the carrier and replaces the spider gears and drift pin with new parts....dont know why they call it that....maybe it fits in a lunchbox

langer1 said:
Ok then what do you think of the aussie locker, sounds like the way to go to me?

I used to have a lockrite in my D30, it was great offroad, and not so bad in the snow once I got used to it. Detroit Quicklocks, EZlockers and aussies all essentially use the same design as a lockrite, and I've read that aussies are the most durable of the bunch. I have had a buddy that went through 3 lockrites on his EB, but he also drives like an a-hole, and broke everything else, so take that for what it is worth... my lockrite held up fine, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them (fairly cheap too at @$250)...

xj-grin said:
I used to have a lockrite in my D30, it was great offroad, and not so bad in the snow once I got used to it. Detroit Quicklocks, EZlockers and aussies all essentially use the same design as a lockrite, and I've read that aussies are the most durable of the bunch. I have had a buddy that went through 3 lockrites on his EB, but he also drives like an a-hole, and broke everything else, so take that for what it is worth... my lockrite held up fine, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them (fairly cheap too at @$250)...
Thanks for your input, the spider gears are what done me in, so any system that replaces them seem right.

xjnation said:
good call BrettM PBB vender forum has aussie lockers for 199.00 new shipped

langer1, go to pirate4x4.com and check the venders forum... that is a really good price. (BTW, I got the carrier pulled last night and ready to ship with the gears...)

xj-grin said:
langer1, go to pirate4x4.com and check the venders forum... that is a really good price. (BTW, I got the carrier pulled last night and ready to ship with the gears...)
Just sent money order about 10 min's ago thanks.

Back