• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help before I start shooting my Jeep - Shackle Question

i have a set of krustys 4.5" leaves on the back of mine with stock shackles. i can see where the leaf eye has struck the back of the shackle box a few times. i will be installing a set of longer shackles to help remedy the problem and improve ride quality and flex.

oh, and if i hit a good bump i get a ton of noise, but i dont know if thats where its coming from. rust is about the only thing holding her together and causing her to fall apart.

I have the rusty's 4.5" rear leafs on my 90 and they actually have netted me 6.5" of lift for over 2 years now. I ended up ordering some boomerang shackles and installed those and they stopped the shackle from hitting the back plate and also lengthened the leaf packs and allowed them to flex alot better.If you can stand a slight more lift, then I suggest running the boomerangs.Just my .02Lata

The RE 5.5" leaves are designed to be used with their Boomerang shackle. They are not the springs out of the 5.5" kit. They designed them longer on purpose.

From their site.

We recommend running the 5.5" XJ leaf springs (RE1461) with our boomerang shackle (RE2705) for more clearance.

sorry to butt in here, but i have 3.5 inch springs in my 97 now and plan on installing RE 1.5 lift shackles, would i be better off with the boomerangs, or will the regular lift shackles work ok with the 3.5 springs?

97babyXJ said:
sorry to butt in here, but i have 3.5 inch springs in my 97 now and plan on installing RE 1.5 lift shackles, would i be better off with the boomerangs, or will the regular lift shackles work ok with the 3.5 springs?
Might as well get the boomerangs.

When i first lifted my cherokee , i did 4.5 rubicon lift up front with deaver
leaf springs in the rear. Once my leafs were installed my stock shackles
hit in the same spot and not move. I went a got a set of boomerang
shackles from currie enterprises and fixed the problem. It added a little lift but
the shackles hitting the body was fixed.

Back