• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello

Buckey

NAXJA Forum User
I just want to say hi,I have been on the site and looking around for a while and this site has a lot of info.I do Have a question though,I own a 91 cherokee right now and getting ready to modify it,but I have a chance at getting an 89 Commanchee for cheap.My question is this,is the cherokee and commanche interchangeable.Like motor,trans and t-case will all go in ok but will the body parts interchange.i.e. fenders,hood,front doors etc.

Thanks and great site.

Buckey

Motors and trans are swappable.

'89 Manche? 4.0L or 2.5L? Auto or Stick? 4.0L and Auto = AW4 for trans and with the stickshift its the Peugot (a.k.a Puke-Goat) BA10/5

check for a D44 rear end. Frontends will be D30 for all, Front fenders, hoods, motors, 87-93 front doors off a 4-dr 'Kee will fit an MJ without modification. Bucket seats are swappable but modification is nessecary. Axles for the rearend are swappable but MJ's are Spring Under and XJ's are Spring Over.

if the MJ is in decent shape, don't cut it up for parts. They make decent wheelers.

Thank you thats what I wanted to know and it's a 4wd auto.I believe it already is sprung over and 5.5 inches of lift already.Just wanted to know if the 2 were the same to grab parts for is all.And you answered that for me thank you.

Buckey

Back