• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Hella" Lota trouble..

Got emm wired up this mornin.. work great, especially with this fog going on this evening down here in SC

I have an aftermarket setup right to the battery and I can have the foglights with the high beams, I also left my stock foglights hooked up so i have the after markets (which are pretty bright and pointed a little more up and to the sides and the stock ones which are down and more centered to the Jeep. My stocks ones keep going out on me though and now they aren't working. They haven't really worked all that well since I bought the 99 XJ last year. Anyone have any idea why? I replaced the bulb but i think water got in there and killed it. Do the foglights work were is one bulb goes out they don't work? (sounds like XMAS lights) Any help would be sweet

yeah, the other should still work if one bulb goes out.

Check the grounds. that's the most common problem for Intermittent operation.

Keep in mind that you know have to flip two switches when oncomming traffic approaches. If you wire the driving lights up to your high beams, you can turn both off with a flick of the high beam stalk. How often do you need to run auxilary lights *without the added help from the high beams. This of course doesn't apply to fog lights. You don't run the fogs with the highs because fogs are meant for fog, and fog reflects the output from highbeams. Fogs are mounted below the bumper to shine below the fog. If you want added lighting for clear conditions, add some driving lights above the bumper. Pencil beams, cornering lights, whatever.

A good option is to power the relay off of the high beam circuit. Keep your auxillary switch with standard ignition power to the switch. The output of the switch powers the signal terminal (86) on the relay. Now you can use your auxilary lights with the highbeams, or your highbeams can function without the extra auxilary lighitng.

Another thing to check is the switch, the factory switch sucks.

Back