• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heeeelllooooo!!!!

ROBZ95Xj said:
whats up with peaple gettin gears done days before nacfest?
Hey, getting gears done RIGHT before NACfest is the way to go! I'd highly recommend it!
so itll get done come november life the 4wd shifter last year:D
Yeah, I do procrastinate a little... so that might be about right.
today my boss gave me tuesday off wich is cool so i wont be last minute shopping like last year
Yeah, didn't we hit the store on the way out of town? But you do remember I won't be to your place till like 3:30 on Wednesday right?

nhrocker said:
Hey, getting gears done RIGHT before NACfest is the way to go! I'd highly recommend it!Yeah, I do procrastinate a little... so that might be about right.Yeah, didn't we hit the store on the way out of town? But you do remember I won't be to your place till like 3:30 on Wednesday right?
yeah, but it wil be nice to have a whole day to get things together, i still need to make a list of things, all i got now is BEER, film for camera and tent stakes since i lost a few memorial day weekend

This is how mine looked on sunday night the 10th. Looks like lots of wrenching this weekend!
day1upgrade0006.jpg

See you there on friday.

jeep looks good dave, is there going to be more room for Bobo in there than in the old rig?
BOBO.jpg

nhrocker said:
See, I just figured I'd get it out of the way on pretty much the first trail... and it even got me a good quote for my sig! :laugh3:

Yeah, I chuckle a little each time I se your sig... thats pretty much verbatum for what I said right after it went **clunk**

Andy in Pa. said:
Yeah, I chuckle a little each time I se your sig... thats pretty much verbatum for what I said right after it went **clunk**
Yeah, and it made a great souvenir, that and Pete's rear window...

Less than 6 days left...

well it seems like gear may not be getting done now. If they don't happen, we will probably leave the black jeep at home (so I don't break anything with my heavy right foot, 3.55 gears, and 34's) and just bring the Blue Chief.

lobsterdmb said:
well it seems like gear may not be getting done now. If they don't happen, we will probably leave the black jeep at home (so I don't break anything with my heavy right foot, 3.55 gears, and 34's) and just bring the Blue Chief.

Oh thats no fun, im gonna be rocking 3.55's and 35's.. dont leave me all alone! ;P

JoeShmo said:
lobsterdmb said:
Oh thats no fun, im gonna be rocking 3.55's and 35's.. dont leave me all alone! ;P
Yeah, I think I'd rather go that way than with the gears and small tires... I didn't seem to do too well like that...:D

Andy in Pa. said:
Oh man, just make sure you have spare shafts for the front.... Do you have a heavy right foot??

I have alloy shafts and superjoints waiting to go in the front, so if they dont make it in before i get to PA, those will be my spares... I have a heavy right foot in my DD, but the jeep gets babied.

JoeShmo said:
I have alloy shafts and superjoints waiting to go in the front, so if they dont make it in before i get to PA, those will be my spares... I have a heavy right foot in my DD, but the jeep gets babied.
I have a heavy right foot in my DD as well, only problem is that my XJ is my DD... Sounds like you'll be all set with the CrMo's if something goes wrong. Last year my alloys were delayed in getting shipped so when I busted a ujoint I had to borrow one of lobsterdmb's spare shafts. If you want I'd be willing (and probably others too) to give you a hand at the campground swapping in the CrMo's if you're worried about it. I can always use more practice.:D

lobsterdmb said:

Well, this is what we get for letting Melissa drive him around all day on the shakedown run - now he just wants to shotgun. :D

Of course, if the big tires + low stock gears bother you, do you still have Mike's four donuts? :anon:

Rob

Donuts were returned. I offered to let him drive the jeep all weekend since his jeep was not going.

i was just lookin at my calendar and we are running during the summer solstice, which is pretty cool. We will have tons of daylight & you dont have leave the park in any kind of hurry since the dont close at any specific time I am aware of. That is one thing that annoyed me about running at paragon, looking at my watch and worring about what trail I was on etc.

lobsterdmb said:
whats wrong with being Chauffered around?:roll:

Nothing wrong with being driven about. Just don't get too spoiled.

I still have my OEM donut, I'm sure other folks do too :roll:

Rob

Rob Mayercik said:
Nothing wrong with being driven about. Just don't get too spoiled.

I still have my OEM donut, I'm sure other folks do too :roll:

Rob
Heck, I have one of the OEM donuts I can toss in... :D

So what happened to getting the gears done?

anyone got acsess to electricty so i can charge my camera batteries at night, i want to get lots of footage

Back