• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy-duty leaf springs

Eagle said:
Even the factory Up Country suspension has vibration problems. The vibrations with Up Country are severe enough that the factory has issued a TSB and a transfer case drop kit to "correct" the vibrations.

well isn't that shitty! My leafs are in the mail so i guess we'll see how this effects my ride quality.

Anyone have any pics of there rear ends after the install?

scooter98xj said:
well isn't that shitty! My leafs are in the mail so i guess we'll see how this effects my ride quality.

the front is still stock suspension because i haven't had time to install it yet, but this is with the rear 'heavy duty' leafs...compared to how bad my stock leafs were sagging, i'm happy with how it came out.

2234741_10_full.jpg

Sorry to bump up an old thread, I just ordered the Quadretec HD springs. One of their employees told me to go with the regular springs, one with the HD. Is this going to be too much of a lift? I have a '96 XJ with 160K+ and I am pulling a smaller ski boat. I would like to keep it level, and if I could get rid of the sag that would help quite a bit on the boat ramp. The boat and trailer weigh in around 3000lbs. I am afraid the HD's are going to make regular highway travel a bit rough.

scooter98xj said:

Thought I would post some pics of my Xj with Mopar Heavy Duty Springs (Up Country Suspension) after install. Raised the XJ 1.75 inches, both front and rear.
Alex

Picture097.jpg

Last edited:
The QT "Heavy Duty" springs give only a 1/2 inch lift or so. Frankly they are not heavy duty enough for towing, but livable. I'd hate to see what the light ones look like.

This may be a little late for the thread but... the jeep springs are 2.5 inches wide and 51 or so inches long(or less lot lifted) so I was told a few years ago to dive in the salvage yard. Dodge springs are a great replacement for jeep springs depending on the year and model. I found a set of 3/4 ton springs for a total of 45 bucks,pulled myself, and they gave 3.0 inches of lift without the huge overload makeing them about half ton springs. It doubled my carying capacity, lifted me three inches, pluss a custom block of 1.75 inches accounting for driveshaft angle, and 1.5 inch shacles and I have a rear suspention that can do anything towing and hauling as well as flex off road. I tested flex before shocks with remounted shock mounts to have everything worked out on the d44. I have never had a problem with it, or had sag. I have towed a picup box trailer a few thousand miles and other misc crap like a 31 foot travel trailer. with this mod you make your rig a .5 ton instead of a .25 or a .35 or whatever an addaleaf will give you. Even lift packs will sag over time. Don't make the mistake that I did and ad a short addaleaf or rear block suspention, if you want to improove your suspention for heavy duty use, at the minimum get a full length addaleaf. My block and short leaf setup totaled my springs within a year. short addaleafs just help the center of the spring pack, the rest of it (the length of spring not supported by the new leaf) goes to crap even on road becuase it becomes the weak link. There were certain dodge trucks and vans that had the perfect pack for a jeep xj, but I can't remember, best bet is to go measure, you will figure it out. Dont be afraid to build a jeep instead of buy one. I give thanks to the person who told me this once upon a time on the xjlist, it has been the cheapest and best mod I have ever done to the suspention. 89 pioneer +mods(temorary non running prob, time to stroke?) I don't know alot about what springs to look for in the yard but I could give pointers if needed. [email protected]

2000XJSPORT said:
Thought I would post some pics of my Xj with Mopar Heavy Duty Springs (Up Country Suspension) after install. Raised the XJ 1.75 inches, both front and rear.
Alex

Picture097.jpg

Where did you source the Up Country Springs (front and rear) for your XJ?

Thanks
Fred

I may be a little late to yhis thread, but I just installed a set of HD springs from Quadratec this weekend and took some before and after pics.Like and idiot, I didn't measure fender clearance so I don't have any real numbers for those anal types out there. However, I think I've grossed about 2" over my tired stock springs. Oh, and I also ditched my rear track bar last night because I was having problems with an out of center axle after the installation. It seemed to center it up a bit but haven't road tested it much. Since the UpCountry models came without one, I figured I would be safe enough.

My before and after pics are at the link below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21087675@N05/

2000 Cherokee Sport
15x8 Pacer steel wheels w/5" offset
235/70R15 Dunlop Radial Rover RVxt's
Quadratec 7" HD leaf spring (Daystar non-greasable bushings)

klonestar said:
X2 and would also like to see pic and measurements!

Thanks,
Ken (who plans on buying a pair of HD very soon)

Here is image 2 days after installation of the quadratec HD's. I can get measurements if you want.

rear fender used to be lower (closer to the wheel) than the front
2731889840068251557S500x500Q85.jpg

done a friends jeep I had a plasmatic cutter worked grate cut the spring end like butter. Need a water hose handy then split the rubber and then the inter sleve then removed the bolt .

Just wondering of all the people who have installed the quadratech HD's, have you had vibration problems? and Do any of you have the full time four wheel drive option? Is there a difference in vibration problems with the quadra trac and selec trac options? thanks in advance

2000 classic- stock

Back