• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heatercore replacement.... suggestions

pd code 805d

NAXJA Forum User
i would like to STICKY this since i havent seen a write up.

- i would like to ask advice: Should i try flushing 1st? How do i do this?

- a few things i found say to drain the gas out of the a/c. do i have to do this?

PLEAS SOMEONE WHO HASDONE THIS TELL ME A STEP BY STEP SO WE CAN STICKY THIS.

Not fun at all. I can think of better ways to spend about 8 hours of my time. Lots of small screws and nuts to remove and it's easy to forget what went where. Mine went pretty good but I wasted at least 2 hours trying to find 1 last nut holding the hvac unit to the firewall. Eventually found it but ended up cracking the housing. I just did some fiberglass work to it and all is good. Good luck and make sure there isn't any kids around to hear all your cusing.

"
this sucks.............. "

Yep, I just finished replacing my evaporator and heater core. I don't want to EVER do that again...

It gets easier the more times you do it.

It gets easier the more times you do it.

Indeed, and if you have some help that knows what they're doing, it can be done quite quickly. First one I did, we had 4 of us working on it and had it knocked out start-to-finish in 3 hours. The next one was just myself and one of other person and it took us 8 hours (with having to make a couple parts runs and breaks for food).

Looks like i'll be doing mine this spring...guess it's time to call in some favors :D

Back