• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Control Valve connection ?

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
The vacuum line that comes out of the firewall and goes to my HCV is cracked and the connector is missing.

HCV by mikedashg, on Flickr

What's the connector look like? Is it just a generic vacuum thing I can cobble it back together with some dorman vacuum but-connectors, and some new vacuum tube? Or anyone have a part number I can get to hook it back up?

This is on an 89, but I have the 92+ conversion on it.

The connector to the valve in the pic? Its just a piece of tubing. Should be able to cobble something together with the proper size vacuum hose.

I've converted to open cooling on both of my RENIX Jeeps and completely eliminated the HCV with no ill effects.

It does NOT heat the interior all the time, it does NOT fight with the A/C. It does simplify the system (eliminated 97+). The blend door directs any heat into or away from the cab/interior. My A/C works fine, my heater works fine, my heater core is continuously flushed.

If the vacuum is up to snuff for the HVAC system and the cable for the main door is working and adjusted correctly it's foolproof. If you are bent on keeping it, here's the diagram...

heatervalve.gif

...and here's MY version of the installation...

Heatervalve2.jpg

heatervalve.jpg

Seems to me they could have made it a bit simpler, without all the strange angles. I had this in there for about 6 months before it started leaking. That's why I removed it, and never looked back.

Last edited:
Back