• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat Soak Issue

Hold on! you said P1899 code- that is a (park/neutral switch stuck) code. If that's intermittent it will prevent you from re-firing your engine because it thinks it is in drive. I bet you that once you put your jeep into park after you pull in the drive way it sticks the switch in drive and prevents re-firing if the engine. This MUST be addressed first!

Wow nevermind I just saw it.. Neutral safety switch.
Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper than at the auto parts stores? $200 seems a bit steep for something like that.

NSS does not disrupt the ignition circuit.

Only the starter circuit.

The NSS is not your problem, even if it was, it can be cleaned/serviced, not replaced. Unless you break it.

NSS does not disrupt the ignition circuit.

Only the starter circuit.

The NSS is not your problem, even if it was, it can be cleaned/serviced, not replaced. Unless you break it.

So you're saying the fact that it cranks but doesn't fire shows that it isn't the nss? If it was the nss then it wouldn't even crank, right?

So you're saying the fact that it cranks but doesn't fire shows that it isn't the nss? If it was the nss then it wouldn't even crank, right?

Park or neutral for a complete starter circuit. If the NSS goes out you can still start the engine by jumping the starter directly.

Again, NSS has nothing to do with ignition.

If you do not have a mechanical problem.............

It's either fuel related, pump, regulator, injector.

Or-

It's sensor related.

It's that simple.

Chances are, sensor related. But, you need to check your fuel pressure to rule that out.

Park or neutral for a complete starter circuit. If the NSS goes out you can still start the engine by jumping the starter directly.

Again, NSS has nothing to do with ignition.

If you do not have a mechanical problem.............

It's either fuel related, pump, regulator, injector.

Or-

It's sensor related.

It's that simple.

Chances are, sensor related. But, you need to check your fuel pressure to rule that out.

Fuel pressure right around 48 or 49 just checked.

Back