• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Covers

Ianf406

NAXJA Forum User
hey i guess im a new guy but i did search first :D- my dad used to have a lifted XJ and he had some metal grated/mesh light gaurd/covers on his stock headlights- ive looked everywhere but i cant find them- anyone know what im talking about?

hey i guess im a new guy but i did search first :D- my dad used to have a lifted XJ and he had some metal grated/mesh light gaurd/covers on his stock headlights- ive looked everywhere but i cant find them- anyone know what im talking about?
Try quadratec.com or JCwhitney. They might have them.

Oh and Welcome. 2 posts and you are already a member. Thats what i like to see. :cheers:

Try quadratec.com or JCwhitney. They might have them.

Oh and Welcome. 2 posts and you are already a member. Thats what i like to see. :cheers:

ha thanks my dad told me to join this place- and i checked both those a while back when i was in iraq and one had the plastic ones but not the metal ones

ha i actually orderd some from parts train but they were the wrong ones- they said they had them labeled wrong- they were for a wrangler lol

ha i actually orderd some from parts train but they were the wrong ones- they said they had them labeled wrong- they were for a wrangler lol

That sucks, You could probably make your own and it wouldn't be terribly hard. Oh and thanks for your service Dude! :patriot:

^^ x2. Should be easy enough to make your own, especialyl if you are good at that kind of stuff.

Has anyone seen any clear plexiglass ones? I want the protection that they offer but i don't really care for the look of the steel/mesh ones...

You could make some out of Lexan pretty easily - I would use Lexan or Makrolon instead of Plexiglas because they are far more impact resistant.

I have some lexan (Makrolon brand) left over from a soft top project, and I was thinking about cutting it to completely cover the headlight surrounds (Jeep calls them doors). But I want to do it to help aerodynamics. Is blocking off airflow to lamps bad? will they get too hot and break? Will bulb life be shorter?

I have some lexan (Makrolon brand) left over from a soft top project, and I was thinking about cutting it to completely cover the headlight surrounds (Jeep calls them doors). But I want to do it to help aerodynamics. Is blocking off airflow to lamps bad? will they get too hot and break? Will bulb life be shorter?

I dunno... I want the clear shields to help from stone chips but also to help with the heat... the winters up here get down to -45*c and my 100/80w bulbs get pretty warm. The hot/cold difference is what cracked my last housings. I figure the glass could benefit from a bit of protection from the cold wind when the bulbs are hot.

How do the mesh ones mount to the light. Are they just for wranglers or will they fit the Xj

There's a little metal piece that mounts on each of the four screws that hold the bulb in place. They are somewhat bent away from the center of the light and the mesh fits on with one metal piece in each corner

Back